|Dish courtesy of Sunbird Kitchen.|Lettuce, garden veggie burger, crumbled smoked gouda cheese,
cucumbers, sautéed carrots and kale, hummus, Braggs dressing.Melted gouda cheese on a garden veggie or portabella burger. Just trust me.
- Mixing fresh veggies with sautéed veggies adds interesting temperature and texture to a salad.
- Fresh mint counterbalances spicy and fishy flavors.
- Herbs are most flavorful when kept raw. Thank you, Sunbird Kitchen.
- Fresh mint and dill compliment each other.
- Pickled turnips.
- Fresh parsley on hummus. It echoes the traditional tabouli and hummus combination. This is best when hummus is the main feature of the dish––otherwise the hummus can overpower the dish.
- Fish sauce. I've had it in three different dishes this summer: the butter turnips from Sunbird, kimchi from Sunbird, and crispy brussels sprouts from The Canteen in Provincetown. It's salty, spicy, and satisfying.
- Poached egg whites. Smoked egg yolks. Fried eggs. Omelets. Sunny side up eggs. Scrambled eggs. I've tried them all this summer.
|Lettuce, cucumbers, granny smith apple, |
scrambled eggs with kale, carrots, sesame ginger tofu.