Saturday, March 30, 2013

A Cantaloupe Smile


A cantaloupe smile...


A pineapple sunrise...



    

A palm tree...



A sunset fruit salad...

Spring was in the air today. The birds were chirping early when I went for my run. The sky was blue, the clouds were white and puffy, like bunny tails––very appropriate for Easter tomorrow. Lots of Easter preparation today. After a run and driving lessons, I spent the remainder of the day chopping fruit and layering potatoes and making macaroon chicks, and filling my new phone with pictures of the process. It would not be my phone if it didn't have pictures of food. As I cooked I sang along to Disney Pandora: Mulan, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast...they never get old. I tried listening to Kiss108 and more modern music, but I didn't know any of the words.

My Pepere and I tasted my Grandma's quiche today and we convinced her to let us have a corner of the carrot cake. I've talked to chefs who never taste what they're cooking, but whenever I spend an afternoon cooking–like today–I can't stop snacking. It's too painful to rinse out a bowl filled with melted chocolate...I have to find something to dip in it at the least (maybe the few remaining almonds in the cupboard?) or if all else fails, I always have my fingers...shhh...

I'm sixteen years old but I'm still looking forward to my Easter basket tomorrow morning––waking up first thing and munching on candy for breakfast. Maybe I cling too much to traditions, but I still like the idea that when I wake up there will be a colorful basket on my kitchen table.

Wishing you all a sunny weekend!

No comments: